Advice of rights of the person concerned under the Act no. 122/2013 Coll. on the protection of personal data and on amendments to certain acts:
Supplier (Contractor) is the operator for the purposes of the Act no. 122/2013 Coll. on the protection of personal data and on amendments to certain acts (hereinafter the “Act on the Protection of Personal Data”). Customer is the person concerned for the purposes of the Act on the protection of personal data.
Under section 28 of the Act the person concerned is entitled:
- to ask the operator at the written request for:
- confirmation whether or not the personal data of the person concerned are processed,
- information in a generally intelligible form about processing of personal data in information system within the Act; in taking a decision pursuant to section 28(5) of the Act the person concerned is authorized to familiarize with the process of processing and evaluating the operations,
- o precise information in a generally intelligible form about the source from which the operator received the personal data of the person concerned that are subject to processing,
- o list of personal data of the person concerned that are subject to processing in a generally intelligible form,
- o amendment or destruction of inaccurate, incomplete or outdated personal data, which are subject to processing,
- o destruction of personal data, the purpose of processing of which has expired, if official documents containing personal data are the subject of processing, the person concerned may apply for their giving back,
- o destruction of personal data that are subject to processing in case of violation of the act,
- blocking of personal data for the reason of withdrawal of consent before the expiry date of its validity if the operator processes the data based on the consent of the person concerned,
- based on written request to object to the processing of personal data, that he/she considers to be or will be processed for purposes of direct marketing without his/her consent and to request their disposal, to object to the use of personal data within the scope the name, surname, title, address for purposes of direct marketing in postal traffic, provision of personal data within the same scope for purposes of direct marketing,
- upon written request or in person, if the matter is urgent, to object to the processing of personal data in the cases referred to in section 10(3) point a), e), f) and g) of the Act by stating the legitimate reasons or by submitting an evidence of illegal infringement of his/her rights and legitimate interests which are or may be harmed in a particular case by such processing of personal data; unless it is prevented for legal reasons and if it is demonstrated that the objection of the person concerned is justified, the operator is obliged to block the personal data to the processing of which the person concerned objected without undue delay and to dispose of them as soon as the circumstances permit,
- upon written request or in person, if the matter is urgent, to object at any time, not to comply with the decision of the operator, which would have legal effects or significant impact on him/her, if such decision is issued solely based on the acts of the automatic processing of his/her personal data. The person concerned has the right to ask the operator to review the decision issued by a method other than the automatic processing form, while the operator is obliged to comply with the request of the person concerned, so that the authorized person will have a decisive role in reviewing the decision, the operator shall inform the person concerned about the method of review and results of finding out within the period of 30 days from the date of receipt of the request,
- in case of suspicion that his/her personal data are being processed unlawfully, to file a petition for opening the proceedings on personal data protection with the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
If the person concerned does not have legal capacity to the full extent, his/her rights under the Act may be exercised by his/her legal representative. Rights of the person concerned under the Act, who does not live, may be applied by the next of kin.
Entities to which the supplier provides the personal data to perform the contract